About Skin Revitalization
Brown spots, uneven skin tone, freckles, sun spots, undesired vessels, rosacea on your cheeks…if you’ve been dealing with any of these things recently, it might be time for skin revitalization. Aging and an active lifestyle will affect our skin, but skin revitalization will remove these common concerns and get you glowing again.
Skin revitalization will reduce the appearance of those pesky age spots, sun damage, freckles, and birthmarks on your face, chest, or hands. If you’ve ever wanted to do something about unwanted vessels on your face including spider veins, broken vessels or rosacea, skin revitalization can help you with that. You’ll see results fast after a few quick treatment sessions as the appearance of brown spots and vessels will be reduced. Your new even skin tone will leave you with more beautiful looking skin than before.
How It Works
The Icon™ is different from lasers because it utilizes optimized pulsed light so that it can use many wavelengths of light with special filters that deliver the best wavelengths to treat specific aesthetic conditions. Those brown spots, sun damage, and vessels are no match as the hand piece glides over the area being treated delivering specialized pulses of light. No harm is done to the surrounding skin. These troublesome spots will be a thing of the past as they absorb the energy and are destroyed. As your body heals, they will slowly disappear and your brown spots will turn darker in color and flake off over the next few weeks. Results are immediate with it being possible to see an improvement in your vessels with a continued clearance over the next few weeks.
What To Expect On The Day Of Treatment
We’ll apply a gel to your skin where you will receive treatment before receiving the optimized pulsed light hand piece. We’ll also give you eye shields to protect yourself from the light during the treatment. The provider will then guide the Icon™ hand piece over the treatment area. The cooling sensation while the hand piece is gliding over the treatment area to make your session comfortable. During the treatment it’s also possible that you may feel a slight rubberband like snapping as the energy is being delivered. This disappears almost immediately so there is no cause for concern. However, a warm sensation after the treatment is common. Treatments can take just minutes depending on the size of the area.
We’ll remove the gel after the treatment and a cooling gel may be applied to your skin. The treatments are minimally invasive so bandages and ointments won’t be needed. Skin revitalization may feel a bit like a mild sunburn after the treatment, but won’t stop you from getting back to your regular schedule.
If you are a laser skin revitalization patient, please be aware of the following:
– All make-up and lotions should be removed prior to the treatment.
– At least 4 weeks prior to your appointment, don’t go out in the sun unprotected, stay away from tanning beds, and don’t use tanning creams on the areas receiving treatment.
Post Treatment Instructions For Skin Revitalization
– A normal mild sunburn-like feeling may occur shortly after the treatment site. This usually lasts 2-24 hours. Redness and/or swelling may accompany this that should go away in 2-3 days.
– Use a sunscreen SPF 45 or greater at all times throughout the course of treatment and avoid sun exposure.
– At first, the pigment may initially look raised/darker with a reddened perimeter. It will eventually turn darker over the next few days, crusting, and eventually flaking off the skin from day 7.
– You may see the vessels undergo immediate graying or blanching, or they may exhibit a slight purple or red color change. The vessels will fully or partially fade in about 10-14 days.